Swaine Adeney Collection
The Churchill - Jaguar Green
The Churchill Gentleman’s Bridle Attaché is sophisticated, discerning and discreet. A hand-stitched companion favoured by gentlemen since the 19th Century.
Ordering This Product
Ordering This Product
The Churchill gentleman's attaché has been favoured by gentlemen since the 19th Century.
The Churchill's inner strength comes from its steel frame which is hand-made in our Cambridge workshops. The attaché then passes to Swaine Adeney's leather master, who sculpts and hand stitches the fine English bridle leather. This is a labour of love, for the handle alone takes more than two hours to make: it is made up of eight individual components which must be sewn together. Our bridle leather is specially tanned and naturally dyed for Swaine Adeney exclusively and is of the highest quality.
Once the internal pockets have been added, the attaché passes to the metal worker's bench, where the solid brass locks and fittings are hand cast, hand-polished to a satin finish and attached to the case. If you can imagine that you have stumbled into an 18th Century saddle maker's, you will have an idea of how The Churchill takes shape. In fact, the leather is completely hand stitched with natural linen thread using a "twin needle" saddlery technique.
The Churchill is lined with Skiver leather (sheepskin leather, dyed using a vegetable extract). You have a choice of Skiver lining colours available as a bespoke option.
You can also have the case Self lined in the same bridle leather as on the outside of the case, price changes accordingly when selected in the personalise section.
Detail is everything. Time is never measured.
Dimensions 3.5": 18 x 13 x 3.5" (46 x 33 x 9cm)
Dimensions 4.5": 18 x 13 x 4.5"(46 x 33 x 11.5cm)
- Hand-finished traditional English bridle leather, tanned with natural plant extracts.
- An environmentally-conscious leather with a superior depth and richness that improves with maturity.
- Skiver Lining colour may be chosen as a bespoke option.
- Can be personalised with owner's initials.
- Bridle handle composed of 8 individually sculpted and hand-sewn leather components, ensuring comfort and longevity.
- Brass hardware and locks, cast and hand polished to a satin finish in England to retain the natural grandeur and strength of the brass.
- The leather is bonded to vulcanised fibre board panels, reinforced with a custom-made steel frame to guarantee an attaché that is practical, lightweight and durable.
- Internal pockets that accommodate a variety of business documents, stationery and business cards.
- Dimensions: ( 18 x 13 x 3.5" )(46 x 33 x 9 cm) are approximate measurements and may vary very slightly as they are hand-made products.
This product will take between 4-8 weeks to be handcrafted by our specialist leatherwork team, however please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can check our stock for you.
We calculate delivery costs based on the weight of each product and country which the item is to be posted