Swaine Adeney Collection
The Peel - London Tan
The Peel attaché is a slim and stylish lid-over attaché with hand-stitched closure and a distinctive tapered raw edge corner finish detail to note (44 x 31.5 x 8 cm)
Ordering This Product
Ordering This Product
The Peel attaché is a slim, lid-over attaché with hand-stitched closure and a tapered raw edge finish.
It has a large compartment in the lid for document storage and is fully lockable with its own key.
Each Peel attaché case is individually created in our Cambridge workshop by Swaine Adeney's leather master, who sculpts and hand stitches the fine English bridle leather. (The handle alone takes more than two hours to make: it is made up of eight individual components which must be sewn together.) In fact, the leather is completely hand stitched with natural linen thread using a "twin needle" saddlery technique.
Once the internal pockets have been added, the attaché passes to the metal worker's bench, where the solid brass locks and fittings are hand cast, hand-polished to a satin finish and attached to the case.
Dimensions: 17.5 x 12.5 x 3" (44 x 31.5 x 8 cm)
Shown here in London Tan, also available in Black, Havana, Chestnut, Navy and Jaguar Green.
Can be personalised with the owner's initials.
Did you know?
Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Baronet (5 February 1788 - 2 July 1850) was the Conservative Prime Minister of Great Britain from 10 December 1834 to 8 April 1835, and again from 30 August 1841 to 29 June 1846.
Whilst Home Secretary, he helped to create the modern concept of the police force. (Leading to officers being known as "Bobbies" in England, or as "Peelers", in Ireland.)
He oversaw the formation of the Conservative Party out of the shattered Tory Party, and repealed the Corn Laws.
Sir Robert Peel's father, the 1st Baronet (1750-1830), after whom he was named, was also an English politician and industrialist.
Peel's son the 3rd Baronet (1822-1895) - yes, you've guessed it, also a Robert - was a politician too.
- Hand-finished traditional English bridle leather, tanned with natural plant extracts.
- An environmentally-conscious leather with a superior depth and richness that improves with maturity.
- Green skiver lining or bridle hide lining.
- Can be personalised with owner's initials.
- Large compartment in lid for document storage.
- Lockable for security using key.
- Bridle handle composed of 8 individually sculpted and hand-sewn leather components, ensuring comfort and longevity.
- Brass hardware and locks, cast and hand polished to a satin finish in England to retain the natural grandeur and strength of the brass.
- Dimensions: (17.5x12.5x3")
This product will take between 4-8 weeks to be handcrafted by our specialist leatherwork team, however please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can check our stock for you.
We calculate delivery costs based on the weight of each product and country which the item is to be posted